Bariatric surgeries became so demanded in recent years significantly that it is now commonly believed that these surgeries are truly viable and producing long term results.
As briefly mentioned in other treatment types, restrictive procedures ground on the idea of limiting the capacity of the stomach that it holds at a time, whereas malabsorptive procedures does ground on the idea of limiting the nutrient absorption.
Gastric bypass surgery, also known as The Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass, consists of two steps. First a small pouch is being created where the stomach with the help of a stapler is divided into two with a small upper section and larger bottom section. The upper part is where the food intake moves into and this enables stomach to consume less calories, correspondingly fewer nutrients. This way satiety is reached earlier than usual as entire procedure creates a bypass for food.
Second step involves bypassing, in which bottom end of the small pouch is connected to small intestine to enable less digestion of food to some degree.
Since the route of the food stream is changed during the procedure, it brings changes in gut hormones that promote satiety, hunger, and reverse one of the primary mechanisms by which obesity induces type 2 diabetes, which is mostly the reason why overweight patients struggling with major comorbidities like this may best be fitted into this procedure. However, health assessment should be made and you need to consult with our doctor with the help your medical consultant to make sure all highly important details are communicated and best tailor-made treatment plan is offered to you.
Evidence in the latest research conducted, has shown that, bariatric surgeries not only serves for weight reduction or control, but also decreases mortality and morbidity. Patients with one or more weight associated comorbidity, including type 2 diabetes, obstructive sleep apnea, hyperlipidemia, asthma, severe urinary incontinence, reflux disease, arthritis, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, or nonalcoholic steatohepatitis, heart disease, stroke, infertility, should definitely consult with our doctor to figure out their options for a durable treatment at Mono Obesity Surgery and provide accurate and complete information about the health history and get their tailor-made metabolic treatments.
- Significant amount of long-term weight loss
- Restricts the amount of food that can be stored in stomach
- Reduced appetite and enhanced satiety rate
- Solution partner to comorbid diseases
- Not only weight loss but also a healthier life promised
- Emergence of vitamin/mineral deficiencies and deficits in vitamin B12, iron, calcium and similar may arise
- Requires adherence to dietary programmes and plans, extra life-long vitamin and mineral supplementation, and post-operative follow-up .
- Surgery duration: 30 to 45 Min.
- Total stay: 8 nights
- Anaesthesia: General anaesthetic
- Recovery time: Up to 3-4 weeks
- Side effects: Nausea, abdominal bloating, inflammation, vomiting
- Scars: Small incisions
- Medications: Gastroprotective medicines
- Rest: One week
- Superior weigh loss at a certain period of time and much faster
- No banding or foreign substance is inserted into stomach
- No slippage or erosion correspondingly
- Much lower surgical risk
- 3 nights of hospital stay under supervision,
- Most patients go back to their daily routine within one week.
- One-month nutrition plan will be provided and we will be closely following up with you to monitor your progress and advice you further
- Light physical activities like walking is recommended (You will be provided a brochure with a series of further instructions)
- During the first week before you fly back home, you will be under 7 day supervision to detect any early complication and fluid consumption will be controlled.
- After you are back home, you will be requested to give us feedback at the end of 1st, 3rd, 6th and 12th Laboratory tests associated to post-operative metabolic condition will be requested and evaluated by our general surgeon.
- You will be provided a diet and nutrition plan by our licensed nutritionist with a series of advices for first post-operative month and for longer term to figure out food intake to refrain from and increase the consumption of. You will be reviewed of your current eating habits and discuss tools and tips for integrating a healthy diet into your life.
- Clinic Mono team under the supervision of our general surgeon Dr.Ali Sarac will be very pleased to assist you with after and long after the surgery.
- Please consult with your medical consultant to get further information or fill out our health check form with your full contact details and we will call you at lighting speed.